March 9, 2011

Lent

Today starts the Lent season...

Reese has been very interested in Lent this year and he actually woke up this morning telling me...."Mommy today is Lent". We are going to do extra things for others this year and try to stress the importance of the Lenten season...

1. I am giving up meat for Lent. Usually it is just on Fridays, Ash Wednesday, and Good Friday but this year I feel like I need to do something more. Spend more time praying....
2. I am starting an individual bible study and will be doing a daily devotional with Reese each night. (James is a bit young) :)
3. Perform a weekly good deed for someone....hopefully this will be directed primarily by Reese and his choice.

I have also included some pics of the boys since it has been awhile. We recently went to the MU/KU basketball game and the boys had a blast. The other pics are just random. I hope everyone is having a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment